Saturday, September 29, 2007

Chris's Eagle Feather

From My Recent Journey In India
Jaisalmer, January, 2007
My friend from Canada, Judy, lost her son a couple of years ago. Both of us have had some very interesting signs of Chris to show us he's okay. When I find feathers, I think of him. Today, as we walk through this ancient village, I suddenly spot an eagle feather at my feet. There are many eagles out here flying around as we travel. Then I hear a strange squawking sound and the three of us look around a corner and see a beautiful sight. There are several peacocks standing nearby. They live wild in the desert here. They are quite skittish so by the time I get a photo of them, they are pretty far away. This is the wonder of the Jaisalmer desert; so barren, then suddenly, so beautiful.

No comments: