Thursday, May 03, 2007

Monkey Wow!

Sonkhla, Thailand, February 2, 2006

I have become friends with the Major of the Military base between Malaysia and Thailand in the South. He takes me for a tour of the Sonkhla Zoo. This is so different from what I'm used to in Canada. There are not glass enclosures or security walls. You can just walk right up to the animals and touch them.

The Thais here have been feeding this camel bananas right over the fence. I keep thinking someone is going to get his head bitten off, but it's no problem.

This elephant is leisurely scratching his butt on that post. He's like everyone else here; relaxed and just doing his thing.

This zoo is well laid out and I love look of the lush vegetation and sculptures together. My favorite is the monkeys though. They are just a great photo subjects as you'll see here. The question is: What happens when you try to film a monkey through a chain link fence?

No comments: