Sunday, September 04, 2005

The Fence That Jack Built

Most of my days can be summed up in seven words or less. If you had asked me what I did this week I would have replied: "I scraped a fence."

And scraped...and scraped...

Hardly a good use of my talents as a Journeyman carpenter but the money is great. I scraped six hundred feet of fence while Ted painted the fascia on the house. Then I stained the fence using a roller while Ted did the cut-in work with a brush. I really thought we would have trouble with this customer. Jack is a sour looking guy who seemed to have no sense of humour. But when he saw we were getting the job done in record time (4 days to scrape, prime and stain the fence and house trim) he started bringing us donuts and he even cracked a joke one day.

His wife is quite the opposite to Jack. Susan is a warm, friendly,enthusiastic woman; She posed for me to show off the finished product.

1 comment:

~~ Melissa said...

Holy cow: thank god for the invention of stain. If I was hiring someone for that job, I would have only shown them about 6 feet of fence at a time....