Sunday, May 08, 2005

Home is Family

I have lived away from My Ontario family for 29 years so it is a tremendous treat to be a part of family activities after so many years. Today we combined three celebrations. I had my first chance to see my Brother's family since I got back from Thailand. It's also Mother's Day.

We also celebrated Jamie's 12th birthday. Happy Birthday Jamie!!! Jamie is the one on the far left.

It's great when your Mom and your best friend are the same person.

Mom made us an incredible lunch of Beef Wellington. My friends in Thailand are interested in what we eat and how much it costs. The beef itself cost forty-eight dollars (1,500 baht). I know some of you are wanting to know why Mom is making the meal on Mother's Day. Does the fact that I took her for breakfast at McDonald's help my defense? No? Okay...

She rounded the meal off with a salad that had strawberries and cheese in it. The beef was so tender it virtually melted in our mouths. When we finished eating, I brought out the gifts I brought back from Thailand.

I gave Jamie and Ben T-shirts from my favorite places.

My dear friends in Bangkok helped me negotiate these other gifts; a kimono for Elise and the scarves that you see around Lorrie's neck.

I got a gift for my brother Mike but he seemed to misplace it.

After a great lunch, we headed up the street to the playground and hung around for a while. Just for the record, this picture is NOT upside down. This is how things look from Thailand since it is on the other side of the world.

I keep wanting to say: "It's great to be back home" but I have never lived in Waterloo before. What makes it home is the warmth I feel from my family and how relaxed I feel spending time with you Mom; just as you can see Lorrie does. I love you.

6 comments:

bozoette said...

So Steve, how was Thailand! Ha ha ha... (Don't blame me; Melissa told me to!)

Steven said...

bozoette: It begins...

Anonymous said...

Hi Steve! How was Thailand? ha ha ha. nudge nudge wink wink

Anonymous said...

Steve, Enjoy Thailand? Take lots of pictures? ha ha ha

Anonymous said...

Fake any good trips lately, Steve?

Anonymous said...

Hi Steve, how was the airport? ha ha ha