Thursday, September 20, 2007

Would You Like Chicken With That?

From My Recent Journey In India
Jaisalmer, January, 2007
Our Camel Safari takes us for many kilometers into the Rajasthan dessert. The loping speed is very relaxing and peaceful. We stop after 3 or 4 hours to let the camels rest and to have a meal. Our camel driver; Nourah, lays down some quilts so we can have a short siesta while he gets out the supplies for our afternoon meal. He makes the japatti himself and all the ingredients are fresh. I could be a vegetarian very easily. This food is wonderful. It's just vegetables and rice and some spices.Tonight we have a delicious meal of noodles, japatti and chicken. Nourah sets everything out around him on the ground and puts our whole meal together while sitting in this one position. I only have one regret about my choices of food for this Safari.
When they asked me if I wanted chicken on this Safari I had no idea they meant...

No comments: