Thursday, September 27, 2007

Aw's Desert Travel

From My Recent Journey In India
Jaisalmer, January, 2007
Nourah loads up up camels as we head out for another day exploring this wondrous country. He walks ahead of us leading the camels and guiding us along the route effortlessly.Now I can carry out my secret plan. I know that it's just a matter of time before I wear Aw down. I'll show her who has the real endurance in the desert.Look at that desperate look in her face. I mean, let's get serious. She's just a tiny Thai woman. She is no match for a big strong (Yai jing jing krup) man from Canada. She can't possibly be having a good time on that Camel, hour after hour, trudging along the hot desert. Sure, she has that smile on her face and yes, I hear her laughing as if she's having a good time out here. But she's not fooling anyone. And tell that camel to get that smirk off his face!

No comments: