Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Saigon to Nha Trang Vietnam

March 21 2006
My new friends, Bill and Lien recommended a travel agency just up the street from my guest house. It's called 'Happy Tour'.

This is one of the women who books the tours. She set me up on an open bus ticket.

I can travel for up to three months on a luxury bus and get on and off anytime I like.

Vietnam is a choice piece of real estate. As we travel North on the Ho Chi Minh trail; the highway that runs all the way up the Country, I see lush vegetation and blue mountain ranges to the West and beautiful blue water to the East.

When our bus made a rest stop, I had my first chance to really look at the South China Sea.

No matter where you go in this country, there are highly motivated sellers on motorbikes, ready to sell you whatever you want. This is a very hot day so the women here are selling cold water, pineapple and papaya.


This roadside stand shows the French influence in Vietnam. I've spent several months in Thailand so the foods that really stick out to me are the bagettes and the cheese. Dorothy, I don't think we're in Bangkok anymore.

No comments: